I’m gonna try to not repeat a game/character to keep it interesting. I posted on my brand new Instagram and miraculously got 30+ likes. Apparently people will do anything for likes and followers on there so I’ll take it, but I digress.
1.Very first videogame? I believe it was the original Crash Bandicoot on Playstation 1
2.Your Favorite Character? Spyro The Dragon – PS1
I love Spyro so much. My childhood was literally charging through glass bottles, flaming goofy enemies, and collecting as many gems, orbs, talismans and baby dragons as I could muster. I’m a big component for the remaster of the first 3 games of the series. Ratchet & Clank got a remaster, Crash Bandicoot N’ Sane Trilogy is coming out hopefully this year (2017), I NEED Spyro to be announced for 2018.
3. A game that is underrated – Medal of Honor (2010) – Xbox 360 – It doesn’t get talked about enough concerning the narrative. Everyone who played the campaign got to see what the war in Afghanistan was fought like by elite US units in the beginning of the war. 2-man Delta Force Snipers overwatching enemy fighting positions on the ridge below. A Navy SEAL falling out of the back of the helicopter while taking enemy fire. This character is named “Rabbit” in the game, based off the real SEAL Neil Roberts, RIP. The incident became known as The Battle of Robert’s Ridge in 2002.
Riding on quads throughout the villages in the dead of night. Flying as an Apache attack helicopter pilot providing air support. Army Rangers raiding enemy compounds. Making a mad dash down the mountain while enemy fighters are trying to overrun their position. Medal of Honor: Warfighter’s campaign was great in it’s own right too.
4. Your guilty pleasure game – NCAA Football 14 – Xbox 360
Nobody and I mean NOBODY is more upset than I was when I heard NCAA Football would be discontinued forever. Endless good times with friends and playing dynasty mode. I still play it on my Xbox 360. I’m in year 2032 with Old Dominion University ranked #1 on Heisman difficulty (pause). Old Dominion is a 1A school, so they originally suck versus the likeliness of teams in the SEC and ACC. I wanted a challenge, need to start off recruiting 2 to 3 star recruits to come to the school. Then when the team starts winning, better prospects want to come to your school and win championships. Speed Kills.
5. Game character you feel you are the most like (or wish you were) – Nathan Drake – Uncharted Series – Playstation – a self-proclaimed poor mans Indiana Jones right here, I wish I was Indy, but who’s the next best option that fits my personality in video games? It’s Nate. Sarcastic, witty, a bit crazy in spontaneity, a risk-taker, good sense of humor, but has his flaws that often overshadow his good traits.
6. Most annoying character – Pikachu in Supersmash Bros – N64. Me and my friend would get irrationally mad every time Pikachu would attack, sending a lightning bolt accompanied by the annoying outcry of ,”PIKACHU!”. Link was second, specifically talking Supersmash Bros. because he was a pest to handle in that phenomenal game.
7. Favorite game couple – Johnny and River – To The Moon – PC. Here’s a little secret I must confess, I don’t play PC games, so when I notice a legendary game come out on PC, I watch Lets Plays on YouTube. It’s like watching Netflix, except there is somebody else who is making the decisions on the outcomes and commenting on it. To The Moon is a love story that you won’t want to miss.
8. Best Soundtrack – Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland – PS2 – This was actually the hardest for me to pick. I originally had Life is Strange as Best Soundtrack but figured it would be a better fit in another category. I would embed the playlist but it’s 62 songs deep. Astro Zombies by My Chemical Romance is 1 song that is featured.
9. Saddest game scene – Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season 1 – PS4, no spoilers here, just gonna have to trust me.
10. Best gameplay – GTA: San Andreas – PS2 – Could literally do everything. San Andreas is one of the best video games of all-time. CJ could workout in the gym allowing him to sprint longer and faster, fly planes, drive tanks, recruit gang members to do crazy shit. San Andreas put GTA on the map, the previous games were fantastic too, but when San Andreas came out, it carved the path for future GTA games. It’s hard to go back to now because of the upgraded GTA games today, but for its time it made waves.
11. Gaming system of choice – PS2/Ps4
12. A game everyone should play – Beyond: Two Souls – PS3, fantasy/action/thriller
“Live the life of Jodie Holmes, a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through her psychedelic link to a mysterious invisible entity” – IMDb.
13. A game you’ve played more than five times – Guitar Hero 5 – Xbox 360
I personally think Guitar Hero 5 has the best song list out of all the Guitar Hero games. Here are some songs out of the 85 songs:
- Bullet with Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins
- Disconnected by Face to Face
- The Rock Show by Blink-182
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- Song 2 by Blur
- Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones
- What I got by Sublime
14. Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper – Firewatch – PS4
The Firewatch theme has 4 different rotating backgrounds depending on the time of day. It’s peaceful and mellow, similar to the secluded gameplay that is in Firewatch.
15. Post a screenshot from the game you are playing right now – Journey – PS4 – a lot better when with other players. That’s a screenshot from my phone, still figuring out how to get better screenshots directly from my playstation.
16. Game with best cut scenes – Life is Strange – PS4 – I have very high praise for this game, it’s one of my favorites and opened my eyes to the Indie Game world. Max is featured on my 25 Most Badass Fictional Female Characters for a reason.
17. Favorite Antagonist – Vaas – Far Cry 3 – Xbox 360. “Has anybody ever told you the definition of insanity?”
(photo source: kleinerkiller.deviantart.com)
18. Favorite Protagonist – Lara Croft – Tomb Raider – No one is more badass than Lara. Gorgeous, a kind and thoughtful personality, awesome accent, adventurous, is an elite bow hunter, survivalist, could kick my ass, could kick your ass, could kick everyone’s asses.
I hope when they reboot the films that they pick someone who can pull off being cast as Lara and not screw it up.
19. Picture of a game setting you wished you lived in – Ratchet & Clank – PS4 – Running around with Ratchet & Clank traveling and defeating aliens one planet at a time, working myself into the rotation as a Galactic Ranger, would be legendary.
20. Favorite Genre – Action/Adventure
21. Game with the best story – Red Dead Redemption – Xbox 360 – Rockstar finally giving us a GTA style game, but set back in the 1800’s with a new experience and Western-themed. John Marston is an iconic protagonist, an outlaw, gunslinger, family man, and all around badass.
(Photo Source: Deadman’s Gun Red Dead Redemption Soundtrack on YouTube)
22. A game sequel that disappointed you – Call of Duty: Black Ops III – PS4. I used to look forward to playing CoD single-player campaigns, but I couldn’t even finish this game. MP was fun though.
23. Game you think had the best graphics and style – Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – PS4 – Absolutely gorgeous
(Photo Source: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – IMDb)
24. Favorite classic game – Backyard Baseball (1997) – PC
Pablo Sanchez is the undisputed greatest backyard athlete of all-time. Starting backyard baseball line-up if you want to win the World Series: Pete Wheeler CF, Pablo Sanchez SS, Kiesha Phillips LF, Amir Khan 1B, Jocinda Smith 3B, Mikey Thomas C, Stephanie Morgan 2B, Vicki Kawaguchi RF, Kenny Kawaguchi P. The OG Backyard Baseball doesn’t have any professional athletes.
Backyard Football had pro’s like Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Barry Sanders, John Elway, so we’re talking old school. Baseball and Football were my favorite.
25. A game you plan on playing – Spider-man – PS4 – knowing Insomniac Games is developing it, I know it will be a good game and hopefully a revival to the Spider-man series.
26. Best voice acting – Firewatch – Delilah and Henry have an amazing back and forth connection, funny and flirty interactions at times, and sarcasm displayed at its finest.
27. Most epic scene ever – Call of Duty: World At War – Xbox 360 – End of campaign getting dropped into the first ever Nazi Zombies map. I remember playing a few days after Christmas and losing my shit realizing mayhem would ensue after hearing that crazy laugh at the beginning. Had a feeling of fear wash over my body with the eerie loneliness in that dark castle structure. Zombies today have evolved much further since the days of World At War. My favorite zombie map of all-time is Shi No Numa.
28. Favorite game developer – Naughty Dog – Playstation – Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted and The Last of Us is tough to beat. This was actually a lot harder than I initially expected it to be. Other favorites include: Insomniac Games, Rockstar, and Ubisoft
29. A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving – Tales of the Borderlands – PS4, I played Telltale’s The Walking Dead and loved it so I threw a Hail Mary to the video game Gods and scored a touchdown. Loved the sarcasm, quirky remarks and edgy humor.
30. Your favorite game of all time – SOCOM II: US Navy SEALs – PS2. Best. Multiplayer. Experience. EVER. Even the single player was legit. No health regeneration either, so it mattered to remain stealthy or else it’s 4 SEALs vs like 40 terrorists. Not the best odds. Your AI teammates also shoot accurately, unlike other games where they shoot back but it’s almost like they have their eyes closed. I’ve raged quit more times on this game than I care to admit; 15 minutes into a mission and a terrorist throws a grenade killing a hostage, mission FAILED.
8 vs.8 SEALs vs. Terrorists MP. Best SEAL maps were Sandstorm and Night Stalker. Best Terrorist maps were Fish Hook and Desert Glory. Neutral or Tiebreaker was always Crossroads. Respawn was for noobs. The gameplay was setup by Rounds similar to CoD’s Search & Destroy. There would always be a MVP at the end.
Also anybody remember Paintball on Frostfire? Amazeballs.
Best SEAL weapons: M4A1 SD, P226, and SR-25 SD & M87 Sniper
Best Terrorist weapons: 552 SD, DE .50, M82A3 Sniper
M14 and IW-80 were cheap and overpowered. So if someone was cheating, everyone would bust these out and it would be chaos.
I challenge you to come up with your own list and share your thoughts with me