So this is a new segment I’m gonna start doing every weekend. The name? Havoc – widespread destruction; lay waste to or devastate. Designed to fit my blog: A quick and brief coverage of – The best food I inhaled this week, gaming updates, and the Movies/TV I’ve been binging. Is the name odd? Yes but just like the creation of my blog name, I fire from the hip, shoot first and keep shooting until everybody just accepts the fact that John Matrix is dealing death to all the idiots who question my intentions.
Best Food – Location: Precinct 10
Smokehouse Platter – Chicken, brisket, baby-back ribs, and pulled pork with a side of onion BBQ sauce. The sides came with tater tots and coleslaw. The chicken was tender, the brisket accompanied with the onion BBQ would give a sweet warm combination, and the brisket was cooked to perfection. The only part that wasn’t great were the ribs. They were still good, but didn’t fall off the bone when bitten into them. But I’m in the Northeast now and not down South where this is common phenomenon. Corona and lime topped off the meal. You can get this dish here
Potbelly Sandwich Shop (Similar to Panera Bread)
The soup menu is always revolving so check the menu before going. I’ve been twice and loved it both times. 1st time I got Chicken Pot Pie soup that includes crust which makes it. Second time I got Loaded Baked Potato which was thick like Clam Chowda, with added pepper allowing some spice kick with each bite. Both times I got a Smoked Ham sandwich with lettuce, mayo, and pickle on toasted bread. It’s lights out and I don’t think I can try something new at this point because of this.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands – Beta – preload February 21, 2017 – Beta itself – February 23-27
- Crash Bandicoot N’ Sane Trilogy release date confirmed: June 30, 2017
- Horizon Zero Dawn – drops next Friday February 24
- Current Games I’m shuffling – Watch Dogs 2 PS4, Journey PS4, NCAA 14 Xbox 360, Guitar Hero 5 (I shred) Xbox 360.
New TV I’m Thrilled About/Watching
- Riverdale – I’m ALL-IN on the new CW show, there is a lot of drama but it’s not over the top. It’s similar to the drama show Skins that I used to watch in High School. Different storylines, but similar dynamic. Every character in Riverdale is unique and has their own likable and destructive qualities, which makes it a perfect combination for drama, romance, and comedy.
- Best Bars in America – I recently DVR’d this show and discovered there are two full seasons. Hosted by two comedians, they travel the country visiting the biggest and most popular bars in the chosen cities by Esquire. So far I’ve watched an episode where they covered a 3-day trip across Milwaukee, San Francisco, and Chicago. They cover bars created by chefs so there is an interesting dynamic in the outrageous combinations mixed with food; others are Tiki themed, Mixology bars, Whiskey focused – they are all unique in their own right, people are welcoming, interesting facts about the bars history are covered, and the back-and-forth between the Jay and Patton are an added plus.
- MasterChef Junior
- Homeland – Season 6 is the current season. After season 5 Quinn, an assassin for the CIA, got fucked up, and now he’s trying to rehabilitate himself back to the savage he once was. Carrie, a bipolar CIA agent, constantly finding new challenges balancing her mental health with the stressful job of preventing terrorist attacks. An interesting look of global conflicts and how the CIA manipulates and intertwines their people into governments and terroristic organizations.
- Band of Brothers – Every now and then I bust out this series and bang out 2 episodes a night. Each episode is an hour long of ass-kicking totaling 10 throat stomping Nazi’s souls—episodes that’ll make you appreciate The Greatest Generation even more, especially with the caliber of cheeseballs I see on Twitter every day. Based off of the real accounts of US Army soldiers from the elite 101st Airborne Division, Easy Company prepares, jumps into Germany, and continuously kicks Nazi ass.
No notable movies this week
- Try any new food or drinks this week?
- What games are you playing now?
- Recommend me some shows/movies to watch