Got a new segment called Sorry For Being Awesome where I post all the amazingly awesome things seen in the world today. Some posts fall under both Badass and SFBA. The reason why I added another category is because not only is it the cat’s pajamas, it’s necessary when posting about other topics that aren’t necessarily badass; Pizza, Drinks, Books, Podcasts, you get the idea.
- Call of Duty WWII – Plagued By Public Opinion – I know I bitched about this game because it’s the safe direction to go with the franchise, but I’m actually genuinely looking forward to this. Did the trailer impress me? No it didn’t, but some of the news peaks my interests. Some already confirmed details: 1. Nazi Zombies – shocker 2. Separate Co-Op campaign, kinda dope 3. No Health Regeneration – Very amped about this, brings me back to my Socom II days on PS2 4. Class system similar to Battlefield… Hyped for the game overall? Eh. Intrigued? Of course.
- What Remains of Edith Finch – Blog post coming. One of THE BEST Indie Games Of The Year (GOTY), I know it’s early we are only 4 months into 2017 its crazy, but I loved this game. One of the BEST story telling games of the year. LIVE look at me when another game gets the award:
- TellTale’s The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Episode 4 released. Honestly I’m sick of episodic releases. All or Nothing. It takes away from the game. As players we have to remember the who the characters are, their relationships, the storyline, and situation the characters see themselves in picking up like nothing changed. I think the episodic phase will pass. When TV and Gaming combine, it’s trial and error to see what works. TV and Gaming in terms of storytelling aren’t the same, when TV seasons end it’s a different ball game when a gaming episode ends. Hopefully this is just a phase, or they release them sooner instead of waiting a few months. Solid game so far.
- Telltale’s; Tales of the Borderlands – Free for PS Plus members for May. It’s arguably the best of the TellTale games, definitely download this gem.
- Little Nightmares released this weekend on PS4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. A horror game that gets comparisons to Inside and Limbo. It was on my radar but I’m going to pass on it and likely just watch a Let’s Play on YouTube.
- The only game I like in May is Rime; another Indie Game. May 26th release date
- Prey comes out May 5th, I know people are amped about that. Demo is released and I haven’t tried it yet. Who knows it might sway me.
- Crash Bandicoot N’Sane Trilogy – Only 2 Freakin’ Months AWAY! June 30, 2017 – Amazing
- REWATCH – Band of Brothers (2001) – My all-time favorite HBO Series based off of true events of Easy Company of the 101st Airborne Division during WWII. If you haven’t seen it, slap yourself, then watch it immediately. 10 episodes 10 hours long, can bang it out in a weekend or watch an episode or 2 a night, bingo bango done. Plenty of big name TV/Film actors are in it, even Ross from Friends is in it. It’s about as real of a depiction of any WWII film/series I’ve seen. If you liked Saving Private Ryan (1998) or the TV mini-series The Pacific (2010) this will be for you.
- Season 3 of Fargo started up – I didn’t watch the previous 2 seasons but to my understanding it’s similar to True Detective where each season is a different story. “Various chronicles of deception, intrigue, and murder in and around frozen Minnesota. Yet all these tales mysteriously lead back one way or another to Fargo, North Dakota” – IMDb. The leads for Season 3 are Ewan McGregor and Carrier Coon (Elite name imho).
- Two Of The Most Consistently Entertaining Shows on TV
- NFL Draft – yes I watch the draft – Doesn’t matter though because the Patriots did all their work in the off-season and it’s a guarantee every year to make the AFC Championship. Super Bowl or bust (Yes I’m aware I’m a spoiled fan, also yes I know we’re awesome).
- The song of the Summer – I’m The One by DJ Khaled and crew (in 17 hours it had already 9M views its currently at 25.6M views)
Badass Nature Fact – Dolphins
- There are over 40 species of Dolphins
- Dolphins have a unique language humans are still trying to translate
- Dolphins are sociable creatures and have a strong relationship with humans
- There have been a handful of cases where dolphins come to the aid of humans when sharks are in the area
- Extremely intelligent, similar to Orcas hunt in pods. Can perform tricks though I’m against keeping these beautiful animals in captivity
- Have helped Fisherman catch fish – 50/50 consumption
(Credit: Animal Planet)
- The Most Bizarre Article You’ll Read Today – “humans are sexually attracted to dolphins are known as delphinophiles – they do exist” aka you can’t make this shit up aka if you’ve had sex with a dolphin–comment below letting me know, you psychopath.
- The US Navy uses Dolphins and Sea Lions to detect and clear mines, recover equipment, and other tasks while using their natural sonar and deep-diving physiology
- It’s said that sometime in 2017 the program is to close to be replaced by robotic mine-hunters known as the General Dynamics Knilefish
- Some Navy SEALs say they have been attacked in harbors during training missions but I can’t confirm whether these are true or exaggerated sea tales
- Humans poach Dolphins in a practice known as Dolphin Drive Hunting or Dolphin Drive Fishing. It occurs at The Soloman Islands, Faroe Islands, Peru and Japan. Experts *ME* stated that if this practice is seen, throw a grenade into the water and accidentally miss the water for the boat instead. Anybody got any spare grenades? If not, just grab your local battleship, a pirate ship will do, and blow that bitch out of the water via cannonball. Just one experts opinion…
- The Featured Image here – is a Bottlenose Dolphin breaching the water wearing a location pinger. Dolphins were used during the Iraq War in the Persian Gulf doing mine clearance work – I wish it was a sweet laser that vaporized terrorists/pirates, but beggars can’t be choosers.
All *Facts/Image* are from the trusty Wikipedia.com/YouTube videos/linked articles